@react-native-community/datetimepicker does not work with ios 14

Viewed 2872

Not sure if there is another way around this but react-native-datetimepicker is not working with iOs 14. There are a number of threads that discuss solutions for non expo-managed packages (ie: creating a AppDelegate file or changing the "display" to default to "spinner") but neither of these are working/ I am able to do because I am building with managed expo.

The last effort was to upgrade the package to the latest version, 3.0.6, but when I run npm install @react-native-community/datetimepicker, nothing changes. I am stuck on version 2.2.2. My terminal states the package is "up to date", even though we know it is not. I have also tried manually updating the package by typing in the correct version and clearing out my package-lock, node modules, and refreshing the cache.

I cannot upgrade my Xcode version to higher then 11.7 which was my last possible solution.

I have deleted my package-lock and node modules and cleared cache and reinstalled and still no luck.

Is there another package or another way around this bug with iOs 14 and datetime picker?

  Expo CLI 3.28.2 environment info:
System:
  OS: macOS 10.15.4
  Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
  Node: 15.0.1 - /usr/local/bin/node
  Yarn: 1.22.10 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
  npm: 7.0.3 - /usr/local/bin/npm
  Watchman: 4.9.0 - /usr/local/bin/watchman
SDKs:
  iOS SDK:
    Platforms: iOS 13.7, DriverKit 19.0, macOS 10.15, tvOS 13.4, watchOS 6.2
IDEs:
  Xcode: 11.7/11E801a - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
  expo: ^37.0.12 => 37.0.12 
  react: 16.9.0 => 16.9.0 
  react-dom: 16.9.0 => 16.9.0 
  react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-37.0.1.tar.gz => 0.61.4 
  react-native-web: ^0.11.7 => 0.11.7 
  react-navigation: ^3.13.0 => 3.13.0 
npmGlobalPackages:
  expo-cli: 3.28.2
Expo Workflow: managed
1 Answers

I had to upgrade my expo and react native to be able to install the newer version of datetimepicker

I am now on:

Expo CLI 4.0.4 environment info:
System:
  OS: macOS 11.0.1
  Shell: 5.8 - /bin/zsh
Binaries:
  Node: 15.3.0 - /usr/local/bin/node
  Yarn: 1.22.10 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
  npm: 7.0.14 - /usr/local/bin/npm
SDKs:
  iOS SDK:
    Platforms: iOS 14.2, DriverKit 20.0, macOS 11.0, tvOS 14.2, watchOS 7.1
IDEs:
  Android Studio: 4.1 AI-201.8743.12.41.6953283
  Xcode: 12.2/12B45b - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
  expo: ^39.0.0 => 39.0.5 
  react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1 
  react-dom: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1 
  react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-39.0.3.tar.gz => 0.63.2 
  react-navigation: ^3.13.0 => 3.13.0 
npmGlobalPackages:
  expo-cli: 4.0.4
Expo Workflow: managed
Related