In-App Review prompt is not visible after click "Not now" or "Cancel"

Viewed 1017

I integrated the In-app Review provided by Google. I followed the documentation exactly as it is written. I hosted the app on Play store for testing, the prompt shows up the first time correctly. But when I click on Not now or Cancel, the prompt didn't show up again on that device. I tried every possible way of re-installing or by clear cache but no luck.

Can anyone tell me is it the default behavior of In-App review prompt and when it will be visible next in this scenario?

1 Answers

To provide a great user experience, Google Play enforces a time-bound quota on how often a user can be shown the review dialog. Because of this quota, calling the launchReviewFlow method more than once during a short period of time (for example, less than a month) might not always display a dialog.

Because the quota is subject to change, it's important to apply your own logic and target the best possible moment to request a review. For example, you should not have a call-to-action option (such as a button) to trigger the API, as a user might have already hit their quota and the flow won’t be shown, presenting a broken experience to the user. For this use case, redirect the user to the Play Store instead.

Note: The specific value of the quota is an implementation detail, and it can be changed by Google Play without any notice.

Source

Related