Format Date to MM/DD/YYYY Using toLocaleString

Viewed 6328

In JS, how can I get the date to format to MM/DD/YYYY?

new Date(Date.now() + (8 * 86400000)).toLocaleString().split(',')[0])
returns "12/1/2020"

How can I format it to "12/01/2020"?

fromDate:
(new Date(Date.now() + (1 * 86400000)).toLocaleString().split(',')[0]),
toDate:
(newDate(Date.now() + (8 * 86400000)).toLocaleString().split(',')[0])

I would like the fromDate and toDate to be:

If between 5:00 PM MST and Midnight: set fromDate to tomorrow's date , and toDate to tomorrow's date + 7 days

How can compare the currentTime to say if it is greater than 5 PM local time?

let currentTime = new Date().toLocaleTimeString('en-US', {
  hour: '2-digit',
  minute: '2-digit',
  second: '2-digit',
  hour12: false
}); 
 
2 Answers

This from another post here.

var currentD = new Date();
var startHappyHourD = new Date();
startHappyHourD.setHours(17,30,0); // 5.30 pm
var endHappyHourD = new Date();
endHappyHourD.setHours(18,30,0); // 6.30 pm

console.log("happy hour?")
if(currentD >= startHappyHourD && currentD < endHappyHourD ){
    console.log("yes!");
}else{
    console.log("no, sorry! between 5.30pm and 6.30pm");
}
Related