I am using Slickgrid and I want to be able to copy and paste from Excel.
The sample I have found allows this https://6pac.github.io/SlickGrid/examples/example-excel-compatible-spreadsheet.html however, there is an issue I am experiencing (which can be seen in the example) and I think it is undesirable.
I have my cells editable, so basically, I single click into a cell and can type straightaway. I tab or cursor to another cell and again, I can type straight away.
With the example, I can't do that anymore. I have to double click before I can enter anything.
The relevant plugin that handles paste from Excel is https://github.com/6pac/SlickGrid/blob/master/plugins/slick.cellexternalcopymanager.js
I have found that if I comment line 63 on the above (_grid.focus()) then I get my single click and type, but then the paste doesn't work.
Actually, let me correct that... I have just tried again with the _grid.focus() commented out and I can single click and type and I can paste from Excel. (Now, I am not sure why I even need the _grid.focus())
I don't understand what the .focus() is doing so unfortunately, I am unable to fix it myself. It appears the .focus() is going off into the JQuery libraries, though why it should break the regular click and type, I don't know.
Do I even need line 63 now? I am only (at the moment) ever going to paste into Slickgrid, not select from.
Any direction would be much appreciated.