'sh' is not recognized as an internal or external command

Viewed 24575

Creating a new React app in E:\rn-starter\my-app.

Installing packages. This might take a couple of minutes. Installing react, react-dom, and react-scripts with cra-template...

'sh' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Aborting installation. npm install --save --save-exact --loglevel error react react-dom react-scripts cra-template has failed.

Deleting generated file... package.json Deleting my-app/ from E:\rn-starter Done.

This error pops-up whenever I try to create a new react project or react native project. tried re-installing node and

2 Answers

I was using windows command prompt to do this. Using the git bash resolved the problem for me. The issue I think was with sh - shell files not being recognized by default in windows. However with git bash, since it by default recognizes the shell scripts it did work perfectly.

You could try using the terminal of the IDE you are using instead of the windows cli...

Related