How do I download and install the Qt library?

Viewed 2349

I want to use the QDirIterator Class for a University Project in Visual Studio, but for some reason I just can't include it. I tried downloading the libary somewhere but couldn't find the right website, the QT website itself seems to be a messy jungle of paywalls.

The error message Visual Studio gives me is 'cannot open source file "QDirIterator"'. I have some Python knowledge so maybe I can do something similar like pip install?

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5.14/qdiriterator.html link to the documentation of the class I'm trying to use.

1 Answers

I feel your pain, the Qt website is very hard to navigate. This is how I installed it. Open this link and hit "qt-unified-windows-x86-online.exe." (or the correct one for your operating system). Open the file and follow the steps. I would actually recommend you find a simpler library for your single needs because AFAIK you aren't going to use 99% of the libraries that come with Qt.

Related