pip install failing due to repeatedly changing sha256 (ERROR: THESE PACKAGES DO NOT MATCH THE HASHES FROM THE REQUIREMENTS FILE)

Viewed 1225

I am currently trying to install many different libraries into my Python environment. I've currently tried using a virtual environment and conda environment still resulting in similar errors.

As I'm doing this on a VM, I have to go through my corporate proxy, hence my pip install command looks a little verbose like the following:

pip install --trusted-host pypi.org --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org h5py --proxy http://user:password@proxy.internet.mycompany.local:8080

This had been working fine to download many different packages (including ones that are currently failing now), I'm not too sure what has changed, but now the command results in the following error:

Collecting h5py Downloading h5py-3.1.0-cp37-cp37m-win_amd64.whl \ 4.8 kB ... ERROR: THESE PACKAGES DO NOT MATCH THE HASHES FROM THE REQUIREMENTS FILE. If you have updated the >package versions , please update the hashes. Otherwise, examine the package contents carefully; someone may have tampered >with them . h5py from https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/53/c2/77bd81922264520b492bd7bfd1a51a845bc1187445408a7a83db284fd566/h5py-3.1.0-cp37-cp37m-win_amd64.whl#sha256=02c391fdb980762a1cc03a4bcaecd03dc463994a9a63a02264830114a96e111f : Expected sha256 02c391fdb980762a1cc03a4bcaecd03dc463994a9a63a02264830114a96e111f Got 3fbaf847f810d5f6970abb0c7754abcca7dea17d315036fe5e4b26f427adf3a6

Although this error will still stay largely the same, the "Got" sha256 will change on each attempt, i.e. the following for the last returned line:

        Got        ff8197d74c233317597b89612691bf420806046093628ac02f0a92df3ac8123a
        Got        8be06806b22d49aaa9b94113d8b3e075539303da96386971600c21cb8b9f8460

To rectify this error I've attempted the following:

I've found a few similar issues to this already on Stack Overflow, but I've found nothing that resolves this.

0 Answers
Related