LinkedIn API returns "*** does not exist"

Viewed 349

I have a LinkedIn Developer App connected to a company page with an approved 'Marketing Developer Platform' product. I'm trying to call any of the organization endpoints ("organizationPageStatistics", "organizationalEntityFollowerStatistics", etc.) from a Google Sheets script and I have the 'rw_organization_admin' permission and the token is valid for that permission. Each time I get a 404 response with 'does not exist' in the message.

Here is an example of the URL I'm using;

https://api.linkedin.com/v2/organizationalEntityFollowerStatistics?q=organizationalEntity&organizationalEntity=urn%3Ali%3Aorganisation%3A{appId}&oauth2_access_token={access_token}

This is what I have in the Google Sheets script;

  var data = {"X-Restli-Protocol-Version":"2.0.0"};
  var options = {'method' : 'post',
                 'contentType': 'application/json',
                 'payload' : JSON.stringify(data)
                };
  
  var LIData = UrlFetchApp.fetch("https://api.linkedin.com/v2/organizationalEntityFollowerStatistics?q=organizationalEntity&organizationalEntity="+LINKEDIN_COMPANY_URN_URLENCODED+"&oauth2_access_token="+LINKEDIN_ACCESS_TOKEN, options);

  Logger.log(JSON.parse(LIData)); 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Answers

Seems you do not need to encode the organizationalEntity field, this curl API call works fine (This example use the Test Organizations but works fine with real company page also):

curl -H "Authorization: Bearer <aouth_token>" \
"https://api.linkedin.com/v2/organizationalEntityFollowerStatistics?q=organizationalEntity&organizationalEntity=urn:li:organization:2414183"

or

https://api.linkedin.com/v2/organizationalEntityFollowerStatistics?q=organizationalEntity&organizationalEntity=urn:li:organization:2414183&oauth2_access_token=<access_token>

will return :

{
  "paging": {
    "start": 0,
    "count": 10,
    "links": []
  },
  "elements": [
    {
      "followerCountsByAssociationType": [
        {
          "followerCounts": {
            "organicFollowerCount": 894,
            "paidFollowerCount": 0
          }
        },
        {
          "followerCounts": {
            "organicFollowerCount": 150,
            "paidFollowerCount": 0
          },
          "associationType": "EMPLOYEE"
        }
      ],
      "followerCountsByRegion": [
        {
          "region": "urn:li:region:84",
          "followerCounts": {
            "organicFollowerCount": 101,
            "paidFollowerCount": 0
          }
        },
        {
          "region": "urn:li:region:7127",
......

}
Related