I'm sorry, I feel this is a really classic issue but since I'm learning I don't know why it's not working in my case.
I'm trying to have a script that detect your idle time and if so, execute a function that get your mouse position.
In order to do that, I have the function TimerIncrement() that can check 2 seconds of inactivity, if so I would like to execute another function called GetMousePos in order to get the mouse position and to have a console.log of it.
I've tried looking online and on the forums but nothing I have been doing is helping. Thanks for the precious help.
var idleTime = 0;
$(document).ready(function () {
//Increment the idle time counter every minute.
var idleInterval = setInterval(timerIncrement, 1000); // 1s
//Zero the idle timer on mouse movement.
$(this).mousemove(function (e) {
idleTime = 0;
});
$(this).keypress(function (e) {
idleTime = 0;
});
});
function timerIncrement() {
idleTime = idleTime + 1;
if (idleTime > 2) { // 2sec
getMousePos();
idleTime = 0; // reset timer
}
}
function getMousePos(event) {
x = event.pageX;
y = event.pageY;
console.log(x);
}
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.3.1/jquery.min.js"></script>