Converting bibliography between latex document types

Viewed 85

I have a paper on Overleaf, that I wrote with

\documentclass{siamart0516}

and I want to switch to

\documentclass{svjour3}

The transition works except for the bibliography (the paper compiles completely if I don't include it, or if I include a manual bibliography using \begin{thebibliography}{} and \bibitem). In the original file I used

\bibliographystyle{siamplain.bst}  
%\bibliographystyle{unsrt}
\bibliography{bibliography.bib}

For reference, unsrt works just fine (since I think siamplain.bst is nonstandard).

In the new file I want to use one of

\bibliographystyle{spbasic}
%\bibliographystyle{spmpsci}

My output varies by exactly what I try, but I have not been able to get this document class to work with either of these options (or my original options). The errors are not consistent, sometimes it's just a long output log with no defined error. One error I do get frequently is

White space in argument : \citation.

I am happy to use any workarounds, including different bst files that give a similar output, not really particular on fixing this specific error.

0 Answers
Related