Connection to the Jupyter Notebook Server could not be established

Viewed 4427

For the past many months I am trying to code in Jupyter Notebook but whenever I open Jupyter Notebook, then, I see a message where it is written 'A connection to the notebook server could not be established. The notebook will continue trying to reconnect. Check your network connection or notebook server configuration.'

I ran Juypter Notebook in both normal way and in Administrator in powershell but then also, it did not worked.

I even uninstalled Jupyter Notebook and reinstalled it again.

The thing which I see when I first open Jupyter Notebook:-

kernel connecting

The image showing 'kernel connection failed'

failed to connect jupyter notebook server

5 Answers

On my Win 10 install / Python 3.8.3rc1 / tornado 6.1 I was starting Jupyter-labs.exe from a command prompt, it was exiting and bringing up the error : A connection to the Jupyter server could not be established. :

Running the Command Prompt as Admin or starting Jupyter-labs-exe from powershell corrected the issue

Downgrading the tornado package solved this problem for me.

conda uninstall tornado

conda install tornado==5.1.1

With python = 3.8 this option does not work.
This option does not work with python 3.8 Specifications:

   - tornado == 5.1.1 -> python [version = '> = 2.7, <2.8.0a0 |> = 3.5, <3.6.0a0 |> = 3.6, <3.7.0a0 |> = 3.7, <3.8.0a0' .

How could I switch to python 3.7, without affecting the rest of the Anaconda3 package that installed python 3.8 for me?

Related