Youtube: api/stats/qoe metrics

Viewed 695

I am researching Youtube APIs, backend calls like "watchtime", "api/stats/qoe". I am unable to find definitions of the query string metrics.

For example, I got these metrics from "api/stats/qoe", but I don't know what they mean?

fmt: 244
afmt: 251
cpn: 53sXf1ssOnU0CWnv
ei: unq1X4-zMdyN8wTS5aKACQ
el: detailpage
docid: 5HVHnUmRL6U
ns: yt
fexp: 23735347%2C23744176%2C23804281%2C23839597%2C23856950%2C23857949%2C23868322%2C23882502%2C23884386%2C23890959%2C23895671%2C23911055%2C23915993%2C23918597%2C23927767%2C23927767%2C23934970%2C23935844%2C23940248%2C23940704%2C23942338%2C23942633%2C23944779%2C23945479%2C23946420%2C23948841%2C23951620%2C23955372%2C23956524%2C23958572%2C23958692%2C23961732%2C23964530%2C23965224%2C23965756%2C23966254%2C23966412%2C23966725%2C23967043%2C23968560%2C23968756%2C23970847%2C23970974%2C23972773%2C24500568%2C24590298%2C24631715%2C24631744%2C3300106%2C3300131%2C3300164%2C3313321%2C3318700%2C3318773%2C3318889%2C3319220%2C3320540%2C3329303%2C9449243
cl: 342543027
seq: 3
cbr: Chrome
cbrver: 86.0.4240.198
c: WEB
cver: 2.20201117.01.00
cplayer: UNIPLAYER
cos: Windows
cosver: 10.0
cmt: 0.762:0.000,1.012:0.011,1.943:0.924,10.039:9.020
vps: 0.762:B,1.012:PL,10.039:PL
user_intent: 0.031
bwm: 10.039:3241322:1.280
bwe: 10.039:2551061
bat: 10.039:1:1
vis: 10.039:3
bh: 10.039:30.764
df: 10.039:0

Can someone point me in the right direction where I can get definitions of these metrics? I am specifically looking for watch start time & watch end time of a video.

1 Answers

Some fields I can get from the name or data:

  • fmt: ?
  • afmt: ?
  • cpn: ?
  • ei: ?
  • el: ?
  • docid: Video Hash (same as: /watch?v=<video_hash>)
  • ns: Most likely "Name Server" because value is yt short for YouTube
  • fexp: Values separated by commas, no idea but seem to start with 23-24 in most cases.
  • cl: ?
  • seq: Sequence number for packets
  • cbr: Client Browser (Chrome, Firefox)
  • cbrver: Client Browser version (version of Chrome or Firefox)
  • c: Client, so if website is open, this will be WEB. Mobile might have something else.
  • cver: Client Version major.YYMMDD.minor.patch
  • cplayer: Client Player, Kind of player used. UNIPLAYER for web.
  • cos: Client OS, Windows/Linux/Mac
  • cosver: Client OS version, 10.0 will be Windows 10 (in combination with cos)
  • cplatform: Client Platform: eg. DESKTOP
  • cmt: ? But not always present
  • vps: ?
  • user_intent: ?
  • bwm: ? But all following values seem related, they are always close together
  • bwe: ? Always seem to increase once page is open, so maybe time user has watched the video?
  • bat: ?
  • vis: ?
  • bh: ?
  • df: ?

Hope this will help the next person and maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

Related