Apply Conditional Formatting based on proximity to a list of multiple different values

Viewed 46

I have two columns of numbers that are calculated values for two different capacitors that I will be using in a circuit. I would like to highlight entries that are close to a list of standard capacitor values.

Is there a good way to do this?

Here is a screenshot of a small portion of data that I have to go off of:

Here is a screenshot of a small portion of data that I have to go off of.

2 Answers

I’m assuming you’re asking “are any of the C1 or C2 close to any of the standard values listed”

With that assumption, I would do it this way:

Create some “calculation rows” away from the raw data. For each C1(or C2) value, make a column of =(C1-standard value)/C1 then apply the conditional formatting on that. If any of them get close enough, say 5%, then make it green.

You’ll have a big 2D grid (every C1 or C2) vs (every standard value). It should be easy to see if any pop out green!

You can try CF with following formula:

=OR(ABS(A1/TRANSPOSE($F$2:$F$12)-1)<=$G$2)

enter image description here

Related