I try to complete this tutorial, but I have some trouble with configure webpack i think. I was making tutorial step by step but it doesn't work..
ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.10.3:webpack (webpack build) on project shop: Failed to run task: 'webpack.js ' failed. org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 2
error looks like:
[INFO] ERROR in ./src/main/js/app.js
[INFO] Module not found: Error: Can't resolve './client' in '/home/kk/IdeaProjects/e-commerce/src/main/js'
[INFO] @ ./src/main/js/app.js 29:13-32
[INFO]
[INFO] ERROR in ./src/main/js/app.js
[INFO] Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'react' in '/home/kk/IdeaProjects/e-commerce/src/main/js'
[INFO] @ ./src/main/js/app.js 25:12-28
[INFO]
[INFO] ERROR in ./src/main/js/app.js
[INFO] Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'react-dom' in '/home/kk/IdeaProjects/e-commerce/src/main/js'
[INFO] @ ./src/main/js/app.js 27:15-35
webpack.config.js:
var path = require('path');
module.exports = {
entry: './src/main/js/app.js',
devtool: 'sourcemaps',
cache: true,
mode: 'development',
output: {
path: __dirname,
filename: './src/main/resources/static/built/bundle.js'
},
module: {
rules: [
{
test: path.join(__dirname, '.'),
exclude: /(node_modules)/,
use: [{
loader: 'babel-loader',
options: {
presets: ["@babel/preset-env", "@babel/preset-react"]
}
}]
}
]
}
};
app.js:
'use strict';
const React = require('react');
const ReactDOM = require('react-dom');
const client = require('./client');
class App extends React.Component {...}
class EmployeeList extends React.Component{...}
class Employee extends React.Component{...}
ReactDOM.render(<App/>, document.getElementById('react'))