Android sign-in hint not shown properly

Viewed 202

I'm using google sign-in hint api to auto suggest mobile number while logging in.

enter image description here

It works fine in most of the devices. But in some devices and in the emulator, a dialogue is opened and dismissed automatically within a fraction of seconds each time I launch the screen. Adding the screen record of the same here.

Here is my code

 val build = HintRequest.Builder().setPhoneNumberIdentifierSupported(true).build()
      val hintPickerIntent = Auth.CredentialsApi.getHintPickerIntent(
          GoogleApiClient.Builder(this)
              .addConnectionCallbacks(this)
              .enableAutoManage(this, this)
              .addApi(Auth.CREDENTIALS_API)
              .build(), build
      )

 startIntentSenderForResult(hintPickerIntent.intentSender,
          RC_HINT, null, 0, 0, 0)
 

I'm doing this in the activity onCreate

Any idea why is it not working in some devices?

1 Answers

I found an open ticket on the issue tracker. It looks like it's an API bug (make sure that your test devices have a number though). You can track the progress here. The latest update was about 10 days ago

Related