The only available filter is a level threshold, but say I wanted to filter by a specific target: $expr instead. How would I programmatically (or in the yml file) let log4rs know that I need a different kind of filter? Would I need to add a custom feature to accommodate the addition of my new filter type that implements the filter trait?
I have tried implementing my own filter type with all of the associated implementations as per the source code in the documentation of the threshold filter type. I even have the custom filter name specified in the - kind: section of a filter the the .yml config file. What more could log4rs need to implement something like this?
In addition, I am receiving the following error when I run let handle = log4rs::load_config_file("../log4rs.yml", Default::default()).unwrap();
log4rs: error deserializing filter attached to appender custom_filter_appender: no filter deserializer for kind custom_filter registered
Even though I have explicitly defined a deserializer for said custom filter.