I created a ghost instance in my vps with the official docker compose file of the ghost cms
and I modified it to use a mailgun SMTP account as follows
version: '3.1'
services:
mariadb:
image: 'docker.io/bitnami/mariadb:10.3-debian-10'
environment:
- ALLOW_EMPTY_PASSWORD=yes
- MARIADB_USER=bn_ghost
- MARIADB_DATABASE=bitnami_ghost
volumes:
- 'mariadb_data:/bitnami'
ghost:
image: 'ghost:3-alpine'
environment:
MARIADB_HOST: mariadb
MARIADB_PORT_NUMBER: 3306
GHOST_DATABASE_USER: bn_ghost
GHOST_DATABASE_NAME: bitnami_ghost
GHOST_HOST: localhost
mail__transport: SMTP
mail__options__service: Mailgun
mail__auth__user: ${MY_MAIL_USER}
mail__auth__pass: ${MY_MAIL_PASS}
mail__from: ${MY_FROM_ADDRESS}
ports:
- '80:2368'
volumes:
- 'ghost_data:/bitnami'
depends_on:
- mariadb
volumes:
mariadb_data:
driver: local
ghost_data:
driver: local
but when I try to invite authors to the site it gives me following error
Failed to send 1 invitation: dulara@thinksmart.lk. Please check your email configuration, see https://ghost.org/docs/concepts/config/#mail for instructions
I am certain that my SMTP credentials are correct.
I logged in to ghost containers bash shell and checked its files there. it's mail section is empty
I still can't find what is my mistake. I am not sure about the variable names. but I took them from the official documentation.
