Getting Attribute "buttonSize" already defined with incompatible format error after adding Firebase Analytics Nuget

Viewed 460

I am trying to enable Firebase Analytics in my Xamarin Forms project. The iOS version goes very well, however, when adding nuget packages in Android project I am getting error while building my project. I am following Using Firebase Analytics in your Xamarin.Forms app to enable firebase in my app. I have added

Xamarin.FireBase.Analytics and Xamarin.FireBase.Analytics.Impl

Nugets. while running my app I am getting weired error attached in the screenshot. Clicking any of those errors takes me to a file "values.xml". In fact there are two identical values.xml files (these files are not located in my android project, but opens when clicking on the errors)

VS error screen

2 Answers

After switch on aapt2 for build the issue was solved for me

i had the same issue with the new 116+ versions.. downgrade to version 71.xx and it solves the problem

Related