Android Studio 4.1.1 won't launch on MacOS Big Sur

Viewed 2385

I had an outdated Android Studio app and after updating to the latest version the app won't launch.

Clicking on opening the app shows the launch screen and after that saying "No android SDK found", pressing next and continue to update shows "Nothing to do, SDK is up to date", after that - nothing.

Tried:

  • remove completely Android Studio and all files using terminal commands
  • Uninstall and reinstall android studio from scratch

No window, nothing. Only the Android studio button on the status bar and that's it. I can't even close the app without a force quit.

What shows on the status bar after the finish: The status bar

The only message on launch (after clicking next shows "nothing to do, sdk is up to date"): Missing SDK

After that, just nothing, no window, seeing my Desktop and that's all.

2 Answers

I had the same problem but solved it by deleting configuration files from previous Android Studio installations as described here (Section: Studio doesn't start after upgrade).

I did a fresh install of Big Sur yesterday on my Catalina machine. Today I updated my Android Studio 3.5.3 installation there to latest Android 4.1.1 and had no issues with running and building with Android Studio 4.1.1 for my Android native and React Native apps.

Related