I have set up a basic WASM Hosted template and have converted to a Prerendered following
https://jonhilton.net/blazor-wasm-prerendering/#commento-login-box-container
and
https://chrissainty.com/prerendering-a-client-side-blazor-application/
All seems to work as expected, I can click on the nav links and it changes pages as expected. However, I cannot directly navigate to a page via URL. If i type in localhost:port/Counter i get a Localhost page cannot be found. When I click the navlink for counter it shows the URL as localhost:port/Counter.
Why am I not able to directly navigate to the URL?
EDITED:
Here are some of the files to get an idea of whats going on.
Here is the Server Startup.cs
public class Startup
{
public Startup(IConfiguration configuration)
{
Configuration = configuration;
}
public IConfiguration Configuration { get; }
// This method gets called by the runtime. Use this method to add services to the container.
// For more information on how to configure your application, visit https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=398940
public void ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
{
services.AddControllersWithViews();
services.AddRazorPages();
}
// This method gets called by the runtime. Use this method to configure the HTTP request pipeline.
public void Configure(IApplicationBuilder app, IWebHostEnvironment env)
{
if (env.IsDevelopment())
{
app.UseDeveloperExceptionPage();
app.UseWebAssemblyDebugging();
}
else
{
app.UseExceptionHandler("/Error");
// The default HSTS value is 30 days. You may want to change this for production scenarios, see https://aka.ms/aspnetcore-hsts.
app.UseHsts();
}
app.UseHttpsRedirection();
app.UseBlazorFrameworkFiles();
app.UseStaticFiles();
app.UseRouting();
app.UseEndpoints(endpoints =>
{
endpoints.MapRazorPages();
endpoints.MapControllers();
//endpoints.MapFallbackToFile("index.html");
endpoints.MapFallbackToFile("/_Host");
});
}
The changes here was to change the mappfallbacktofile of /_Host. This was a new file added to the Server/Pages folder and is as follows
@page "/"
@using BlazorAppNet5WasmHosted.Client
@namespace BlazorAppNet5WasmHosted.Server.Pages
@addTagHelper *, Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.TagHelpers
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />
<title>BlazorAppNet5WasmHosted</title>
<base href="/" />
<link href="css/bootstrap/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="css/app.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="BlazorAppNet5WasmHosted.Client.styles.css" rel="stylesheet" />
</head>
<body>
<component type="typeof(App)" render-mode="WebAssemblyPrerendered" />
<script src="_framework/blazor.webassembly.js"></script>
</body>
</html>