Let's say I have several monolithic web applications. In each of them, the same type of business data must be found according to certain parameters, or according to the application itself. I therefore repeat the same logic everywhere, which in my case is tedious.
I therefore wish to develop another web application, internal, which will have:
- an administration interface that will allow you to define all the business data recovery scenarios
- REST APIs which will be consumed by my web applications to find the business data according to the incoming scenario
This new application will have its own database, and could possibly be deployed on another server. For convenience, I'm thinking of using the same technologies (in my case, C # + Angular)
Therefore, am I going to develop what is called a micro-service? Or is it better to just talk about a service oriented architecture? Or am I going to do some obscure shenanigans?
Thank you for your attention !