Sorry for the long and probably poor title.
I am trying to plot some data in gnuplot, where the data file has the format
x y z
1.0 1.5 0.1
1.3 1.8 0.7
2.1 3.7 1.1
3.1 4.3 1.5
3.7 4.7 1.8
I want to plot y vs. x and, for each point, indicate the value of z by the color of the point. Currently I use the following code for this:
size = 0.5
type = 7
set term pngcairo
set output 'Foo.png'
set palette rgbformulae 22,13,-31
set cblabel "z"
unset key
set xlabel 'x'
set ylabel 'y'
set title 'y vs. x'
plot "Data.txt" u 1:2:3 w p pt type ps size palette
This works, but I would like to make the following change: For each point whose z value is below a cutoff, say 1.0, I want the color to be set to grey, regardless of the z-value. Then for z-values greater than or equal to the cutoff, I want the color to be picked from the palette according to the z-value.
Thus, I want the color to go discontinuously from grey to blue (for the current palette) at the cutoff value. Can this be done, and if so how?


