I have a form that takes its state from a react useState hook, that hooks default value I would like to come from a useTracker call, I am using pub sub in Meteor to do this. I get a error Cannot access '' before initialization I know it has something to do with the lead not being ready yet and returning undefined and the hook not being able to use that, at least I think so. But I am not sure how to solve that.
Here is my code thus far
import React, { useState } from "react";
import Dasboard from "./Dashboard";
import { Container } from "../styles/Main";
import { LeadsCollection } from "../../api/LeadsCollection";
import { LeadWalkin } from "../leads/LeadWalkin";
import { useTracker } from "meteor/react-meteor-data";
const Walkin = ({ params }) => {
const [email, setEmail] = useState(leads.email);
const handleSubmit = (e) => {
e.preventDefault();
if (!email) return;
Meteor.call("leads.update", email, function (error, result) {
console.log(result);
console.log(error);
});
setEmail("");
};
const { leads, isLoading } = useTracker(() => {
const noDataAvailable = { leads: [] };
if (!Meteor.user()) {
return noDataAvailable;
}
const handler = Meteor.subscribe("leads");
if (!handler.ready()) {
return { ...noDataAvailable, isLoading: true };
}
const leads = LeadsCollection.findOne({ _id: params._id });
return { leads };
});
console.log(leads);
//console.log(params._id);
const deleteLead = ({ _id }) => {
Meteor.call("leads.remove", _id);
window.location.pathname = `/walkin`;
};
return (
<Container>
<Dasboard />
<main className="split">
<div>
<h1>Edit a lead below</h1>
</div>
{isLoading ? (
<div className="loading">loading...</div>
) : (
<>
<LeadWalkin
key={params._id}
lead={leads}
onDeleteClick={deleteLead}
/>
<form className="lead-form" onSubmit={handleSubmit}>
<input
type="text"
value={email}
onChange={(e) => setEmail(e.target.value)}
placeholder="Type to edit lead"
/>
<button type="submit">Edit Lead</button>
</form>
</>
)}
</main>
</Container>
);
};
export default Walkin;