Whitelist my App in logcat / chatty identical 1 line

Viewed 1299

Logcat is filtering my logs, so I get only:

1234-1234/com.example.test I/chatty: uid=45678(com.example.test) identical 1 line

This is a serious issue for me, I tried applying the solutions suggested in other threads like

adb logcat -P ""

I also read the documentation (logcat --help and the "-P" option at official documentation like adb logcat -P 45678), but this also didn't help.

adb logcat -p shows that I whitelisted my app:

adb logcat -p
45678 (the UID of my app)

Still the logs are getting filtered. How can I fix that? I simply want no log filtering on my app during development.

1 Answers

My fault. I checked in Android Studio where I had the log leve filter set to "Info". The chatty message is "info" level, my log messages were "verbose" level. Actually I am getting both, my app log messages and the chatty messages... Make sure to test without Android Studio using logcat: adb logcat and see if you see your log message. If that works, something is selected wrong in Android Studio like it was for me and by me.

Related