I'm using Google Maps API to load multiple polygons into the map using the geoJSON data layer. Some of these polygons overlap in certain regions. When a user clicks on a point that is inside of multiple polygons, I want to display the properties (name, tags, etc) in an InfoBox with the click event.
I'm wanting to display the properties of all the polygons for a given point. Currently when I click on a point I can only see one polygon, despite the point being inside of multiple polygons.
How can I access all the properties of all the polygons with Google Maps API v3?
const map = useGoogleMap(); // google map instance
const polygons; // an array of polygons, example snippet below.
map.data.addGeoJson(polygons);
map.data.addListener('click', function(event) {
// how can i access other features underneath this clicked point
console.log(event.feature); // only returns "Geofence 1"
})
example GeoJson:
polygons = {
"type": "FeatureCollection",
"features": [
{
"type": "Feature",
"properties": {
"name": "Geofence 1"
},
"geometry": {
"type": "Polygon",
"coordinates": [
[
[
-8.96484375,
-9.96885060854611
],
[
3.955078125,
-9.96885060854611
],
[
3.955078125,
-0.17578097424708533
],
[
-8.96484375,
-0.17578097424708533
],
[
-8.96484375,
-9.96885060854611
]
]
]
}
},
{
"type": "Feature",
"properties": {
"name": "Geofence 2"
},
"geometry": {
"type": "Polygon",
"coordinates": [
[
[
-6.591796875,
-8.320212289522944
],
[
2.197265625,
-8.320212289522944
],
[
2.197265625,
-1.9332268264771106
],
[
-6.591796875,
-1.9332268264771106
],
[
-6.591796875,
-8.320212289522944
]
]
]
}
},
{
"type": "Feature",
"properties": {
"name": "Geofence 3"
},
"geometry": {
"type": "Polygon",
"coordinates": [
[
[
-4.39453125,
-6.926426847059551
],
[
0.263671875,
-6.926426847059551
],
[
0.263671875,
-3.337953961416472
],
[
-4.39453125,
-3.337953961416472
],
[
-4.39453125,
-6.926426847059551
]
]
]
}
}
]
}
