I have a plotly bubble chart where I am unsure of whether it is using the diameter or area to indicate the bubble size. A brief google told me that the default seems to be the diameter and I've been told that humans tend to perceive size through area? (Correct me if I'm wrong but this is just what I have been told through lectures.) Thus, I am trying to figure out a way to change the sizemode to area however can't seem to do that in plotly express. This is my code at the moment for reference.
import plotly.express as px
fig = px.scatter(data_frame = df, x="hf_score", y="Happiness.Score",
size="GNI_capita", color="region", hover_name="countries", size_max=60,
labels={
"hf_score" : "Human Freedom Index 2017 (0-10)",
"Happiness.Score" : "Happiness Score 2017 (0-10)",
"GNI_capita" : "GNI/capita 2017 by Atlas Method ($USD)",
"region" : "World Bank Region"
},
title="Happiness & Freedom Score by Region & GNI/capita")
EDIT:
Dataset Used: https://github.com/mattshu0410/data-1002-project/blob/master/merged_data.csv

