Installing snmp-mibs-downloader on debian 10 buster

Viewed 11127

I have installed net-snmp on a linux machine with debian 10 buster and now I need to install snmp-mibs-downloader.

Although I have previously run

sudo apt-get update

when executing:

sudo apt-get install snmp-mibs-downloader

displays the following screen output, indicating that it cannot find the requested packet:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package snmp-mibs-downloader is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'snmp-mibs-downloader' has no installation candidate

I have seen on the internet that this could be solved by editing the file

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/nonfree.list

But it does not explain what should be written in it.

Any help that allows me to install snmp-mibs-downloader is appreciated.

2 Answers

you /etc/apt/sources.list should be look like this:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main contrib non-free
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

then do apt-get update

Related