I am trying to download an Excel using the phpExcel library only when it receives a $ _POST parameter.
Currently I have a file called my-information.php where I have a table and a button that executes this function:
async function download_excel() {
let myHeaders = new Headers();
myHeaders.append("Cookie", "___asdadsadwqfqefqefqeeqasadsadsadasdsadas");
var formdata = new FormData();
formdata.append("generate_xlsx", 1);
let requestOptions = {
method: 'GET',
headers: myHeaders,
body: formdata,
redirect: 'follow'
};
await fetch("<?= plugin_dir_url(__FILE__) ?>my-file-generator.php", requestOptions)
.then(response => response.text())
.then(result => console.log(result))
.catch(err => console.log(err))
}
In my my-file-generator.php file I have this code:
if (isset($_POST) && isset($_POST['generate_xlsx'])) {
require_once '../../../../../wp-blog-header.php';
require_once plugin_dir_path(__FILE__) . 'PHPExcel.php';
require_once plugin_dir_path(__FILE__) . 'PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php';
$data = generate_data_for_xslx();
// Create new PHPExcel object
$objPHPExcel = new PHPExcel();
$objPHPExcel->getProperties()->setTitle(esc_html__('Test xlsx document', 'woocommerce'));
$objPHPExcel->getProperties()->setSubject(esc_html__('Test xlsx document', 'woocommerce'));
$objPHPExcel->getProperties()->setDescription(esc_html__('Test export users document for XLSX, generated using PHP classes.', 'woocommerce'));
$objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet()->SetCellValue('A1', esc_html__('User Login', 'woocommerce'));
$cell_counter = 1;
$objPHPExcel->setActiveSheetIndex(0);
for ($i = 0; $i < count($data); $i++) {
$cell_counter++;
$objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet()->SetCellValue('A' . $cell_counter, $data[$i]['user_login']);
}
// Rename sheet
$objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet()->setTitle(esc_html__('Users', 'woocommerce'));
$objWriter = new PHPExcel_Writer_Excel2007($objPHPExcel);
header('Content-Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet');
header('Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-excel');
header('Content-Disposition: attachment;filename="usuarios.xlsx"');
header('Cache-Control: max-age=0');
// Save Excel file
$objWriter = PHPExcel_IOFactory::createWriter($objPHPExcel, 'Excel2007');
ob_end_clean();
$objWriter->save('php://output');
exit();
}
This way the file does not run, it does not download the Excel document. But if I copy the code that is inside the conditional and paste it in the my-information.php file, it executes perfectly when opening the page.
I tried adding the full conditional inside the my-information.php file and fetching the same file but it doesn't work either and the console gives me this error. Apparently the problem is to do it using the $ _POST parameter:
XHR POST https://example.com/wp-content/plugins/generateReporte/src/includes/my-file-generator.php [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 7578ms]
PK��������z%jQG�D�X�����������[Content_Types].xml��MN�0����"��%nY ��vAa �(�0����ؖg�w{&i���@�nbE�{��y��d۸l
m��������X�(���)�����F���;@1�_������c)j�x/%����E��y�
�QĿi!��K��y3��J�<���Z�1��0?Y��L%zV
c��Ib7�������a/l٥P1:��q�r���j���j0A������u�"��"����(� �����W�M��)Tj�({ܲ�>���O���,X٭���>B��~����Ӥ6�J=�oBZ����t��X4���Cg�,���Qg��mr�L����ٯc�e��t�� Z�?����hPv��±���u�j���R������}�Cv����PK��������z%jQ��78����K�������_rels/.rels���j�0���{
�{���1F�^ʠ�2���l�$���-}�y�����Î��O��v�y��;�؋Ӱ.JP���^������Y�ű�3G�Ww�g�)���>��qQC���D���b!�]�i$L��3�����2n����o�T��:Z
�h����[��4�ი��]���yN�,ە��>�>��j
-'
V�)�#��EF�^6��n���8q"K��H��>_�ׄ����eƏ�<⇄�Ud�v��
T�PK��������z%jQ�$�V������������xl/_rels/workbook.xml.rels���j�0�D��
��ZvZJ)�s)�\[�����LlIh7m��U�H�����Ĭؙ�H���8�OL����*J��M����|4��g���[=��
&$��w�7�4��r}$�M<)p��EJ2�GME���M�Ҩ9��ɨ�^w(We�$�����O��
I need to make the file generate and download only when I click the button, I have tried many ways and I can't do it, could you please help me.