I'm using Gradle 6.7 for a project and I'm using IntelliJ. When writing Gradle files or when running inspections, I keep getting this error.
"Cannot assign 'String' to 'Publication'".
Based on the Gradle docs and all the examples, it seems as though my configuration is correct but I'm unable to resolve these warnings.
import org.gradle.api.tasks.testing.logging.TestLogEvent
buildscript {
buildscript {
repositories {
google()
mavenCentral()
gradlePluginPortal()
jcenter()
}
dependencies {
classpath "org.github.ngbinh.scalastyle:gradle-scalastyle-plugin_2.11:1.0.1"
classpath "net.ltgt.gradle:gradle-errorprone-plugin:0.8"
classpath "net.ltgt.gradle:gradle-nullaway-plugin:0.2"
classpath "gradle.plugin.com.dorongold.plugins:task-tree:1.5"
}
}
}
apply plugin: 'java'
apply plugin: 'scalaStyle'
apply plugin: 'scala'
apply plugin: 'maven'
apply plugin: 'maven-publish'
apply plugin: 'java-library'
apply plugin: 'net.ltgt.errorprone'
apply plugin: 'net.ltgt.nullaway'
apply plugin: "com.dorongold.task-tree"
apply plugin: "jacoco"
group 'com.mridang'
version '0.0.2'
...
...
publishing {
repositories {
maven {
name = "github"
url = uri("https://maven.pkg.github.com/mridang/myrepo")
credentials(PasswordCredentials)
}
}
publications {
maven(MavenPublication) {
from components.java
artifact sourcesJar
artifact scaladocJar
pom {
name = 'myproject'
description = 'Foo'
url = 'https://github.com/mridang/myrepo'
issueManagement {
system = "Github"
url = "https://github.com/mridang/myrepo/issues"
}
}
}
}
}
Here's a screenshot that better illustrates the issue:
