Why is my Vimspector debugging session not initializing?

Viewed 1605

I configured my vimspector.jsonfile and want to launch the debugger but when I do that it just says that it is initializing the debugger: enter image description here

this is is my Vimspector.json:

{
    "configurations": {
    "test":{
                "adapter": "vscode-python",
                "configuration": {
                                "name": "this is a python test",
                                "type": "python",
                                "request": "launch",
                                "program":
"~/Documents/coding/python/terminal_game1/Terminal-Game/terminal_game.py"
                            }
            }
}
}

Does anybody know what this means and how I can fix it?

2 Answers

Update: After I've tried to use the debugpy-adapter the problem doesn't occur anymore and the debugger initializes correctly. But when trying to use the vscode-python adapter it still doesn't work even though I have installed its adapter via :VimspectorInstall vscode-python which ran successfully.

The adapter "vscode-python" is now declared legacy (No longer supported, please migrate your config), the supported adapter for python is now "debugpy".

so just replace vscode-python with debugpy in your .vimspector.json

This can be found on the plugin's Github page here.

Related