Lets assume I have programmatically created a circle and some text,
that I want to align along the circle.
I am able to do so using the textPath element.
In addition I have a rectangular image (or any svg group <g>),
that I also would like to align to the circle
(the red rectangle in the image below is just an example; actually I would like to be able to align arbitrary svg groups <g> as image labels on the nodes of a chord diagram.).
However, textPath only seems to work for text elements.
=> Is there something similar that works for group elements?
Or do I need to manually calculate the transformation for my group (following from some tangent of the circle)?
(A workaround could be to create some hidden text with a single letter and the same size as my group ... align it and grab its transformation. However, that feels ugly.)
