Export data of text table as .csv (Tableau)

Viewed 639

I'd like to export the data of the text table in the view as it is (refer attached image). Generally for charts, I right click the chart and select 'view data' and then 'export all' to export the entire data as a csv file. However, in a text table, I'm not able select the entire data to view and export (only a particular row gets selected). I cannot export as crosstab to excel using the worksheet tab on top as the data is above the excel rows limit.

View that I need to export

Any suggestions as to how I can accomplish the export of this view to csv?

(I'm using Tableau Desktop 2020.2.2)

1 Answers

Use one of these options from tableau menu-

  • Worksheet > Export > Data (this will export data to mdb file)
  • data > sheet_name > export to csv > sheet_name

enter image description here

  • ctrl + C / (alt then w then c then c )and paste data on a textpad/notepad

enter image description here

If you are using filters, I think all of the data will be extracted, please check these options.

Related