Building iOS App Clip using Flutter without going over 10MB limit?

Viewed 1229

I'm doing a little bit of research into App Clip (and then Instant Apps) using Flutter.

Here are my findings:

  • I successfully build and run sample app ios_app_clip
  • I successfully build and run "my own" application with App Clip by following the Adding an iOS App Clip target tutorial
  • In both cases application run successfully in simulator/device, but is then rejected by Apple when uploaded because App Clip is to big (little over 10Mb)
  • I build variant without using material (and manage to put app down to ~8Mb) but Apple still complains that app is to big

Here are my questions:

  • if I understand correctly (by reading on the internet), size of the Flutter app (and subsequently App Clip) is big because "material" lib in included - which is logical because lib must be included if you want to draw anything (also in App Clip)
  • I build a version of application where I didn't include any of the parent app components and the application was still rejected - does this means that "material" lib is included in any case?
  • Is there I way to NOT include any of the Flutter libs in App Clip and develop App Clip using xCode and native code (I know this is stupid)?
  • Did anybody manage to create an App Clip and push it to the AppStoreConnect?

Thank you for any answers!

1 Answers

You don't have to follow the steps of Adding an iOS App Clip target tutorial.

You can simple add project target of App Clip, and add swift code for your Clip part. No need to import anything from flutter project.

Related