How to compare @Today with a tag in Azure DevOps?

Viewed 492

I know this is a weird question as there are other ways to do what I'm asking but I do have a use case here... I'm trying to add a custom sprint style rule to turn any card containing a tag with the date of today red. Please note I live in Australia so our dates our dd/MM/yy.

The styling rule would be something like: Tags Contains @Today

When I try adding four different tags with values: 09/11/2020, 9/11/2020, 11/09/2020, and 11/9/2020 it still doesn't seem to turn the card red.

According to the official Microsoft documentation the datetime format should match one of these four tags.

Is there some way I can get this working?

1 Answers

In the Azure DevOps, the field tags type is String. If we configure styling rule like Tags Contains @Today in the Work item setting page, It will match @Today instead of datetime format. Please check the pic.

enter image description here

Update1

As a workaround, we could add a custom field in the process and set the type to Date/Time, please check the pic below.

enter image description here

Then configure the field value in the work item and add styling rule like DateTest = @Today

enter image description here

Result:

enter image description here

Related