GCP AI Platform job is stuck

Viewed 347

I'm running a job on AI Platform and it's running for over an hour with no progress, no results, no logs(only few logs showing it's running)

Here is the region, machine type, gpus I was using:

  "region": "us-central1",
  "runtimeVersion": "2.2",
  "pythonVersion": "3.7",
  "masterConfig": {
    "acceleratorConfig": {
      "count": "8",
      "type": "NVIDIA_TESLA_K80"
    }
  }

the AI Platform job the AI Platform job

only few logs for this job only few logs for this job

The model I'm training is big and uses a lot of memory. The job is just hanging there without any progress, logs or errors. But I notice that it's consumed 12.81 ML units on GCP. Normally, if the GPU is running out of memory, it would throw an "OOM/resourceExhausted error". Without logs, I have no idea what's wrong there.

I ran a different job with smaller dimension of the input and it completed successfully in 12 mins:

successed job successed job

Also, I use tf.MirroredStrategy for the training process so that it can distribute across GPUs.

Any thoughts on this?

0 Answers
Related