Before I updated to iOS 14 on my iPhone, this code was working perfectly. After, iOS 14 this is weirdly not running... it is very odd and I have not seen any solution online, additionally from my investigation, I have not been able to see any change.
This code is used in order to retrieve a videoURL for this video from the imported Camera Roll (I use import Photos...).
phResourceManager.writeData(for: resource.last!, toFile: newURL!, options: resourceRequestOptions) { (error) in
if error != nil {
print(error, "not c67omplted error?")
} else {
print("woah completedd 345?")
newUserTakenVideo.videoURL = newURL
print(newUserTakenVideo.videoURL, "<--?")
}
}
EDIT: To be clear, it "does not run" means the compleition block never runs... as in it never even runs and gives an error, the compleition block simply never is called (nothing prints at least..)
And here is a print statement printing out all the values I pass in to the parameters:
phResourceManager: <PHAssetResourceManager: 0x282d352c0>
resource.last:
Optional(<PHAssetResource: 0x28128bc00> {
type: video
uti: public.mpeg-4
filename: v07044090000bu6n1nhlp4leque7r720.mp4
asset: C97B45D3-7039-4626-BA3E-BCA67912A2A9/L0/001
locallyAvailable: YES
fileURL: file:///var/mobile/Media/DCIM/113APPLE/IMG_3404.MP4
width: 576
height: 1024
fileSize: 4664955
analysisType: unavailable
cplResourceType: Original
isCurrent: YES
})
newURL: Optional(file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/E2792F47-142E-4601-8D5B-F549D03C9AFE/Documents/Untitled%2027228354.MP4)
resourceRequestOptions: <PHAssetResourceRequestOptions: 0x28230d480>
Note: this is the decleration for the resource variable:
let resource = PHAssetResource.assetResources(for: (cell?.assetPH)!)