I've been practicing with anonymous functions and got the following:
takeWhile' :: (a -> Bool) -> [a] -> [a]
takeWhile' f xs = foldl (\x y z -> if (f x) && z then x : y else y) xs [] True
which is basically a rewrite of the takeWhile function already in Haskell.
For those who don't know, the takeWhile function takes a list and a function and returns a new list with every element in the original list that satisfies the function until one of them gives false.
From my point of view everything seems to be correct, I have 3 arguments x y and z ready to use in my anonymous function, x being the list of numbers, y the empty list where I'll be inserting every element and z is basically a debouncer so that if one of the elements doesn't meet the requirements, we don't insert any more.
And yet Haskell gives me the following error:
"Occurs check: cannot construct the infinite type: a ~ Bool -> [a]"
Any idea why?