I have the following dataframe:
import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
df = pd.DataFrame({'Name': ['Steve Smith', 'Joe Nadal',
'Roger Federer'],
'birthdat/company': ['1995-01-26Sharp, Reed and Crane',
'1955-08-14Price and Sons',
'2000-06-28Pruitt, Bush and Mcguir']})
df[['data_time','full_company_name']] = df['birthdat/company'].str.split('[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}', expand=True)
df
with my code I get the following:
____|____Name______|__birthdat/company_______________|_birthdate_|____company___________
0 |Steve Smith |1995-01-26Sharp, Reed and Crane | |Sharp, Reed and Crane
1 |Joe Nadal |1955-08-14Price and Sons | |Price and Sons
2 |Roger Federer |2000-06-28Pruitt, Bush and Mcguir| |Pruitt, Bush and Mcguir
what I want is - get this regex ('[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}') and the rest should go to the column "full_company_name" and :
____|____Name______|_birthdate_|____company_name_______
0 |Steve Smith |1995-01-26 |Sharp, Reed and Crane
1 |Joe Nadal |1955-08-14 |Price and Sons
2 |Roger Federer |2000-06-28 |Pruitt, Bush and Mcguir
Updated Question: How could I handle missing values for birthdate or company name, example: birthdate/company = "NaApple" or birthdate/company = "2003-01-15Na" the missing values are not only limited to Na