Creating nested using comprehension and range

Viewed 26

I'm trying to create a nested list from range using list comprehension.

So far, I coded the for loop version of this. Is there any way I can do so using list comprehension?

Here is my code:

matrix = []
start = 1
for x in range(11, 51, 10):
    item = list(range(start, x))
    matrix.append(item)
    start = x


[print(row) for row in matrix]

Result:

[[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]
 [11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20]
 [21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30]
 [31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40]]
1 Answers

Try this:

matrix=[list(range(i*10+1, i*10+11)) for i in range(4)]

>>> print(matrix)

[[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10], [11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20], [21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30], [31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40]]
Related