SQL Server 2019 Polybase error - cant create External Data Source to SQL Server 2019

Viewed 465

I am trying to setup an external data source in SQL Server 2019 to another database on the same server.

I am doing this to replicate the SQL Azure setup currently running in production.

I tried the following to set it up

  • I installed SQL Server 2019 Express
  • I installed Polybase
  • I enabled TCP/IP and made sure services were running

I then ran

USE master

CREATE MASTER KEY ENCRYPTION BY PASSWORD = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

EXEC sp_configure @configname = 'polybase enabled', @configvalue = 1;
RECONFIGURE;

USE mydb
CREATE DATABASE SCOPED CREDENTIAL SqlServerCredentials
WITH IDENTITY = 'sa', SECRET = 'xxxxxxxx';

CREATE EXTERNAL DATA SOURCE SQLServerInstance
    WITH ( LOCATION = 'sqlserver://.\sqlexpress',
    PUSHDOWN = ON,
    CREDENTIAL = SQLServerCredentials);

On the final CREATE EXTERNAL DATA SOURCE statement I get this error

OLE DB provider "MSOLEDBSQL" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Cannot generate SSPI context".
Msg -2146893042, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
SQL Server Network Interfaces: No credentials are available in the security package

I can't seem to figure out why I get this error

0 Answers
Related