So i have been stuck on this for a week or so and could really do this some advice.
I have a basic website which allows people to sign up to an automated newsletter that i want to send out. After adding their email on the site their address is automatically added to an audience. I have a small python script running that then web scrapes a site and then if that returns a certain criteria it will send an automated email out via mailchimp to all the contacts in the mailchimp audience. What i am having issue with is actually creating and sending out the email via mail chimp. I have been through https://mailchimp.com/developer/api/marketing/campaigns/add-campaign/ a few times and can't seem to get it working. I am able to create a new campaign succesfully as well as the audience and subject line. I am unable to workout how to actually send the email with the content i want inside it however. It just saves itself as a draft and thats it. When i try to preview the email there is nothing in it and when i click edit next to the campaign everything is ticked except for the 'content. I have excluded th web scraping part of my program but below is the test i am running to create and sent out via the mailchimp api
import mailchimp_marketing as MailchimpMarketing
from mailchimp_marketing.api_client import ApiClientError
from mailchimp3 import MailChimp
data = {
"recipients" :
{
"list_id": 'XXXXXXXX'
},
"settings":
{
"subject_line": 'Subject of email',
"from_name": 'from_name',
"reply_to": 'reply_email',
},
"type": "regular"
}
try:
client = MailchimpMarketing.Client()
#print(client)
client.set_config({
"api_key": "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
"server": "XXXXXXX"
})
#client = MailChimp(mc_api='XXXXXXXXXXXX', mc_user="XXXXXXXXX")
client.campaigns.create(data)
response = client.campaigns.get('campaign_id')
#client.campaigns.send()
print(response)
except ApiClientError as error:
print("Error: {}".format(error.text))
This succesfully creates the campaign except without the content that i want to add and simply saves the email as a draft without send. So i guess my question is how to i edit the email content and then how do i actually initiate the send.
Thanks for any help