I get the following output when I try to run pip3 install pytorch or pip install pytorch
Collecting pytorch
Using cached pytorch-1.0.2.tar.gz (689 bytes)
Building wheels for collected packages: pytorch
Building wheel for pytorch (setup.py) ... error
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /home/chaitanya/anaconda3/bin/python -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-3v4wd97t/pytorch/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-3v4wd97t/pytorch/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-8rsdyb8e
cwd: /tmp/pip-install-3v4wd97t/pytorch/
Complete output (5 lines):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/tmp/pip-install-3v4wd97t/pytorch/setup.py", line 15, in <module>
raise Exception(message)
Exception: You tried to install "pytorch". The package named for PyTorch is "torch"
----------------------------------------
ERROR: Failed building wheel for pytorch
Running setup.py clean for pytorch
Failed to build pytorch
Installing collected packages: pytorch
Running setup.py install for pytorch ... error
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /home/chaitanya/anaconda3/bin/python -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-3v4wd97t/pytorch/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-3v4wd97t/pytorch/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record /tmp/pip-record-eld9j0g4/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --user --prefix= --compile --install-headers /home/chaitanya/.local/include/python3.8/pytorch
cwd: /tmp/pip-install-3v4wd97t/pytorch/
Complete output (5 lines):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/tmp/pip-install-3v4wd97t/pytorch/setup.py", line 11, in <module>
raise Exception(message)
Exception: You tried to install "pytorch". The package named for PyTorch is "torch"
----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /home/chaitanya/anaconda3/bin/python -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-3v4wd97t/pytorch/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-3v4wd97t/pytorch/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record /tmp/pip-record-eld9j0g4/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --user --prefix= --compile --install-headers /home/chaitanya/.local/include/python3.8/pytorch Check the logs for full command output.
I downloaded the matching wheel from here, but am couldn't figure out what to do with it. My Python installation is using anaconda3, if that's needed. What should I do from here? Tips on how I could have resolved this on my own would also be appreciated.