unisharp/laravel-ckeditor on Laravel 8+ cannot install package

Viewed 1946

I'm trying to install ckeditor on my Laravel 8+ project, but can't. I have the errors:

Problem 1:

  • Root composer.json requires unisharp/laravel-ckeditor 4.7.2 -> satisfiable by unisharp/laravel-ckeditor[4.7.2].

  • unisharp/laravel-ckeditor 4.7.2 requires illuminate/support ~5.0 -> found illuminate/support[v5.0.0, ..., 5.8.x-dev] but it conflicts with another require.

this is the errors

I've tried install version 4.7.2 and 5.0, but that still not working.

Is someone know how to solve this problem?

4 Answers

I had the same problem. The command composer require ckeditor/ckeditor worked for me.

unisharp/laravel-ckeditor has seen it's latest release in Nov 2017, more than three years ago. As the error message tells you: this package is not compatible with current versions of Laravel. Either downgrade Laravel to v5 (not recommended), search for another package providing such functionality, or fork the package to provide the neccessary updates.

To install ckeditor on Laravel 8+ project. If you already have npm installed then use this line:

$ npm install ckeditor4

Then execute the following command:

$ npm update

i ran in to the same problem using`

composer require unisharp/laravel-ckeditor

then i used $ composer require ckeditor/ckeditor and it solved it

Related