Android 11 wifi adb error "Unable to start pairing client"

Viewed 11995

I downloaded the latest platform-tools for windows, then I enabled developer mode on my phone and turned on adb over wifi. However after I enter the command adb pair ipaddr:port I get the error "Failed: Unable to start pairing client" (after entering the code).

adb is working fine over the cable, and wifi adb is working with my watch. Any ideas?

11 Answers

I tried all possible way. Then I click on forget wifi and then again connect to wifi then entered the pair and code again then it starts working

Had the same problem. Turns out the port used for adb pairing changes each time you ask for a pairing code. I didn't update mine, so it didn't work. When I realized that, and typed in the pairing code, everything worked as expected.

In my case I was connected to a VPN on my workstation and that's why I got this message. Disconnecting from the VPN fixed it.

Try pinging the device 2-3 times and then pair. Only this solution worked for me.

For me, it worked after I restarted Android Studio (or the command line).

One solution that worked for me is to try and establish a tcp connection first to the pairing target.

nc -vz <ip_addr>:<pairing_port>

Once this is successful in establishing a connection, proceed with adb pair. I'm not sure why, but this is the only thing that worked for me. Rest all failed.

If you've recently enabled developer mode on your phone, try restarting it. I was receiving the error, "Failed: Unable to start pairing client", then I rebooted my phone and after that I was able to pair.

I was on a guest wifi network that blocked inter device communication. Switching to my main network solved it.

My issue was I had AFwall+ enabled, so some network connections where blocked which should not have been. I don't know which exactly, but disabling the firewall made it pair.

In my case "User Isolation" was enabled on my modem router which prohibited direct communication between connected devices, after I disable it everything worked as expected.

for me , I try all way ,close wifi or restart computer or restart phone, failed ,they all failed . Until I shut down my VPN , it automatically connected, after that, I connect my phone after close the vpn, The connection has never failed

Related