GroupBy Function NOT displaying Gallery Tiles in PowerApps

Viewed 189

This Question is an Extension of my previous question, located here. When I use the Filter code mention in my Question. The Gallery is displaying System Names. However, when I try to wrap my Filter code with Groypby Function as mention by @carlosfigueira, I am NOT getting any Error message. However, I cannot see Gallery Tiles. Gallery is displaying lines as shown in below image. The code I am using under Items Property of my Gallery is below.

Code for GroupBy:

   GroupBy(
        Filter(Table1, StartsWith('Sys Name',"Sys")),
        "Sys_x0020_Name",
        "BySys")

Gallery Screen: enter image description here

1 Answers

GroupBy function returns set of records whereas the text labels expect a Text input due to which you don't see the values in the gallery control.

You can add another gallery (Gallery2) inside the parent gallery's item and bind it to ThisItem.BySys as the data source & set Text property inside Gallery2 as ThisItem.ColumnName1. ColumnName1 would be the column from Table1 collection.

Related