How can I avoid re-downloading the same image over time when downloading a Google Doc via the Google Docs API?

Viewed 55

I would like to avoid downloading a Google Doc image if it already exists locally, that is, we have previously downloaded the image some weeks before.

These images may have been inserted by dragging from the desktop so there is no external source URI and they do not appear to be stored in the user's Drive or Photos account, so I do not think there is an ID.

The only reference to the image in the JSON representation of the Google Doc is a temporary URI valid for 30 minutes.

So, if this is a dead end, is there a way to sniff the name of the image from the temporary URI? Or is there another method?

I'm using the Go client, Google Docs Api V1 and Google Drive Api V3.

0 Answers
Related