GKE monitoring, understanding Evictable and Non Evictable memory

Viewed 1153

I have here a graph of my memory limit utilization. I understand that non-evictable cannot be reclaimed and evictable can be reclaimed. Given I have non-evictable usage that goes over my limit, but have enough reclaimable memory. Do I just get the mean and that will be my utilization?

enter image description here

1 Answers

A little late to the party but what I ended up doing in a similar confusion is this:

  1. I used the metric node/memory/allocatable_utilization,
  2. filtered by cluster_name (this could be anything you want really),
  3. group by node_name,
  4. aggregated by sum,
  5. and finally set the threshold to not be above for all the timelines.

This means that if all my nodes' allocatable RAM utilization was above 90%, it means that the whole cluster's RAM utilization is above 90%, which is exactly what I wanted to track. :)

For node/cpu/allocatable_utilization, you'd wanna skip step 3 and 4, because there is no concept of evictable or non-evictable CPU.

Related