Using Windows 10 Dell System Computer.
I want to be able from local repo send push files into my new GitHub repository.
It does not allow me to use the https protocol for it continues to prompt me to continue connection to a RSA key fingerprint which I do not recognize.
I have generated a new key. I need to know or where is that inventory of RSA key fingerprint located in my file system.
I have:
- created a local directory file , as well as a new repository at GitHub.
- followed the instructions to push an existing repository from the command line.
- entered "
git push -u origin main" to my new GitHub repository.
At the command line:
The authenticity of host 'github.com (140.82.XXx.x)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is SHA256:nThbg6kXUpJWGl7E1IGOCspRomTxdCARLviKw6E5SY8.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? no
Host key verification failed.
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
SOLUTION ???
- I am thinking that I need to find the location for RSA key fingerprint to determine how many keys do I have. How do I do that? This action will delete the one at display.
- Don't know where to locate that RSA key fingerprint - is it local or remotely?
- I have used Git Bash and generated a new key, which is currently in my GitHub profile ssh key location.