Live server extension blocked by windows firewall

Viewed 853

My vscode live server extension is not able to access files from my computer because windows firewall blocked it from accesing my files. For example when I try to load images or audio(generally anything from my computer) it gets blocked. Everything else works fine but it can't access files from my computer. In the devtools console I get an error stating : Not allowed to load local resource. I tried going to windows firewall rules to try and remove the rule blocking it from doing this but I was not successful, I also tried to change the port number of live-server to see if it would help but it did not.

Here are the json settings for my live server extension if it would help:

{
    "files.autoSave": "off",
    "npm.enableRunFromFolder": true,
    "terminal.integrated.shell.windows": "C:\\Windows\\System32\\cmd.exe",
    "window.zoomLevel": 0,
    "workbench.activityBar.visible": true,
    "workbench.startupEditor": "newUntitledFile",
    "editor.fontSize": 15,
    "workbench.iconTheme": "vs-seti",
    "editor.largeFileOptimizations": false,
    "liveServer.settings.donotShowInfoMsg": true,
    "liveServer.settings.CustomBrowser": "chrome",
    "liveServer.settings.ChromeDebuggingAttachment": false,
    "liveServer.settings.port": 0,
    "liveServer.settings.AdvanceCustomBrowserCmdLine": ""
}

If possible please show me how to get the rule blocking the live server extension on windows firewall rule so that I can remove the rule or also show me another way to tackle this problem.

0 Answers
Related