TinyMCE API key for localhost

Viewed 887

I'd like to incorporate TinyMCE as an HTML editor for templated email content for an opensource emailing package I'm working on for my non-profit work.

I had envisioned the editor operating under "localhost" only. When I went to register for a API key, the process implied I needed to register a domain. While I feel I could keep using the editor with the "this isn't registered" message, I was hoping to remove that if possible.

Is there a way to utilize the API key while hosting the editor under localhost?

1 Answers

The solution of how to remove the warning message is explained in the documents which can be found here. But, using the TinyMCE with self-hosted version could be more responsive and there is no need to work with API keys. If you have enough time, I would suggest to use self-hosted version of TinyMCE for a better experience.

Related